Gastec 350BP-2 Extension Pole
Gastec 350BP-2 Extension Pole Made Horizontal and vertical measuring of lightweight fiberglass and weighing only 590g, the extension sampling pole has a compact body (62.5 cm) for easy portability and can be extended to a maximum length of 2.8m.
Weighing only 440g, the Extension Pole is a lightweight fiberglass pole with a compact body (78 cm) for easy portability that can be extended to a maximum length of 3 m.
Extension hoses and poles can be attached to the gas sampling pump (Model GV100 or GV110) and used for remote downward measurement in confined spaces, such as manholes, tanks, etc.
(1) Prepare the detector tube. Select the detector tube that suits your purpose and
check the specifications of the detector tube.
(2) Check the airtightness of the sampling pump.
When the sampling pump is not attached to the extension pole, check the
airtightness of the sampling pump according to the instruction manual of the
sampling pump before attaching it to the extension pole.
(3) Attach the sampling pump on the extension pole.
After confirming the airtightness of the sampling pump, attach it on the
extension sampling pole according to “6.1 Fixing Sampling Pump to Extension
(4) Insert the nipple adapter at the tip of the extension tubing into the inlet rubber
of the sampling pump.
(5) Check the airtightness of the sampling pump and the extension pole.
When the sampling pump is already fixed to the extension pole, check the
airtightness according to the following procedures.
(6) Break off both ends of the detector tube by using the tip breaker.
(7) Attach the detector tube to the rubber shroud.
(8) Make sure that the arrow（ ）on the detector tube is pointing toward the
sampling pump and the detector tube is firmly attached.
(9) Extend the extension pole.
(10) Keep the detector tube stable as much as possible. Confirm the pump
handle is fully in. Align the guide mark (red line) on the back plate and
guide mark (▲100 or ▲50) on the handle. Pull out the handle fully along
the guide line until it is locked. Wait until the sampling time has elapsed.
(11) Check the completion of the sampling of 100 mL or 50 mL by the flow finish
indicator on the handle.
(12) Remove the detector tube from the sampling pump, and immediately read
the scale at the end of color change layer.
(13) If the tube reading requires correction, correct the tube reading in order of
temperature, humidity, number of pump strokes, and ambient pressure.
(14) Fold the extension pole