Firetrol Battery Charger LL1580 is a charger for the firetrol brand battery from Asco which is used in the fire pump control system. This extinguishing system usually uses a diesel engine. The firetrol battery charger is a vital component that functions to charge the battery.
If there is damage and the firetrol charger does not work, the diesel engine will not work when needed. While the diesel engine functions to drive the water pump in the event of a fire. Therefore, if there are indications of damage to the firetrol battery charger, it should be replaced immediately.
Replacing the firetrol battery charger is not difficult because it is enough by plug and plays. However, there are several things that need to be considered before replacing the firetrol battery charger.
The Firetrol Battery charge feature a fully automatic 4 Step charging cycle. The charging cycle are as indicate :
Step 1 : Qualification stage (Flashing yellow and green LED). During this stage, the battery charger checks the batteries to insure they can accept a fast charge. It also checks for missing or defective batteries. If the charger detect missing or defective batteries a fault will given (solid red LED).
Step 2 : Fast Charge (solid yellow LED). Charges the batteries until they reach peak voltage.
Step 3 : Bulk Charge (Solid yellow LED and slow blinking green LED). Charges the batteries at a constant potential of peak voltage until current reaches 500mA.
Step 4 : Float charge (Solid Green LED). Trickle charges the batteries to maintain peak potential.
The battery charger also includes the following:
- Selectable AC power voltage (115 or 230V)
- Selectable battery voltage (12 or 24V)
- Selectable battery type (Lead Acid, NiCad 9 or 18 cell, NiCad 10 or 20? ? ? ? cell)
- AC power fuse (Type 3AG, 6A, 250V)
- DC power fuse (Type 3AB, 20A, 250V)
- Charger reset push-button (resets charging cycle to beginning)
When installing the battery charger as a replacement part, it is necessary to verify the proper charger settings and adjust as necessary.
- Incoming AC voltage 115 or 230 volts.
- Battery voltage – 12 or 24 volts DC.
- Battery type – Lead Acid/Ni-Cad or 18 Cell / Ni-Cad 10 or 20 Cell.
If battery charger is powered with incorrect settings, damage to the charger and/or batteries may occur.
The battery charger also includes the following :
- Selectable AC power voltage ( 115 or 230 V )
- Selectable battery voltage ( 2 or 24 V )
- Selectable battery type ( Lead acid, NiCad 9 or 18 cell, NiCad 10 or 20 cell )
- AC power fuse ( Type 3AG, 6A,250V )
- DC power fuse ( Type 3AB, 20A, 250V )
- Charger reset push – button (resets charging cycle to beginning )